Sunday, August 27, 2017

Welcome Back

Dear First Grade Family,

Welcome back to school!  I hope you are as excited as I am to start a brand new school year.  My name is Miss Nikchevich and I will be your child’s teacher this year.  I am very excited to have your child in my class and am looking forward to getting to know your child and your family.  This is an exciting year for your child.  Your child will make so much growth throughout the course of this year in reading, writing, math, and socially.  With both of our support your child will be sure to succeed! 

This year we will be learning new sight words, making important meaning out of both fiction and nonfiction text, and working on our reading fluency.  In math we will be little mathematicians as we work on adding and subtracting numbers within 20, learning about geometry, and measuring concepts.  We will learn how to be writers and authors.  Students will be writing stories and using rich language to enhance their writing while focusing on one main idea. It is going to be a BUSY year!

Your child is allowed to bring a snack for the morning.  We have a long morning so I do recommend sending them with something healthy to eat. Please stay away from chips and dessert foods.

I am thrilled that the year is beginning and I know we will be off to a great start!  Please let me know if you have any questions or comments along the way.  My email is jnikchevich@norridge80.net.  

Looking forward to a great year!

Ms. Nikchevich